Monday, July 13, 2009

The day everything went wrong....

There are some days in one's lifewhen everything can go wrong. The person can get into troubleat every move. I had one such day last week.

It was on a Friday, when I woke up at 7 a.m. The sun was already bright. I had to be at bus-stopat the latest 7.15 to reach school by 7.30 a.m. I rushed to the bathroom for a quick wash and turned on the tap. There was no water, it was dry! Oh my god! HOWEVER, I managed with a pail of water, which mom had left there previous night. I quickly dressed myself up and slipped out of my house without my mom's knowledge. I knew yhat she would be angry for what I had done that day.

I reached the bus-stop within five minutes. SHIT! The bus had gone few seconds ago. I concluded that there was no students at the bus-stop. I had no choice but to call a passing taxi. I was lucky to get one and jumped into it. I cheered up thinking that I would reach school on time. When I put my hand in my pocketto pay for the taxi fare, I was horrified to find the pocket empty. I had no money. "What shall I do?" As the taxi stopped at the gate of my school, I met one of my friend. i explained to her my situation and she was kind enough to help me pay the fare. I was much relieved and ran to the class. I regained my spirit when I found that I had reached school before the bell.

Then, I noticed something peculiar. I was the only student around. "Am I late after all?" I quickened my steps, suddenly I heard a shout. "What are you doing here?" Iturned back and saw my principal standing in front of me. She gave the look. She asked me, "Why are you late?" When I looked at my watch it showed 7.30 a.m. "I'm not late, madam," It is just 7.30 now. i realized then that my watch is running ten minutes late. "Your watch doesn't show the correct time, girl; you better hurry to your class now"I blushed at the tought of my blunders and cursed my luck. My teacher reprimanded me for being late for a lesson.

"WHAT A BAD DAY"

No comments:

Post a Comment